Call for Submissions: Arc — poetry, prose, art
“For over 30 years, Arc has been publishing the best in contemporary poetry. Arc invites submissions from emerging and established poets.
- Arc is currently accepting unsolicited poetry submissions. Our current submission period is from September 1, 2017 to May 31, 2018.
- Arc no longer accepts paper submissions.
- Arc now accepts submissions using the online submission manager as seen below.
- Arc accepts unsolicited submissions of previously unpublished poems, on any subject, in any form.
- Poets may only submit once each calendar year.
- Poetry submissions must not exceed 3 poems total.
- Submissions must be typed and single spaced (double spaces will be interpreted as blank lines). Include your name, email address, and mailing address on each page.
- Submit each poem in a separate document along with the poet’s biography. Your submission will be grouped together in our submission platform.
- Biographical statements should be two to three sentences or approximately 50 words.
- Arc will respond to unsolicited submissions of poetry, artwork, and article queries within four to six months. Arc can’t promise to respond to inquiries regarding the status of submissions before the completion of an editorial cycle.
You will be paid at the rate of $50 per page upon publication and will also receive one free copy of the issue in which your work appears. With this acceptance, Arc secures First Canadian Rights. You may subsequently republish the above in any manner you choose without securing permission from Arc. We would, however, appreciate a published acknowledgment
- Arc publishes reviews, interviews, and articles on poetry and poetry-related subjects. At this time, we are not looking for unsolicited submissions or pitches for poetry-related essays/articles.
- Arc does not publish fiction or drama.
Arc’s visual art is selected by an Editorial Board committee.
Canadian artists are encouraged to bring their work to our board’s attention by emailing a URL to Kevin Matthews, the Art Editor. Arc generally does not accept or reject individual works, but chooses artists to work with, then asks for a range of works from which up to ten pieces are selected for publication, including two for use on the front and back covers. Most often, only one artist is featured per issue.
All artwork accepted for publication in Arc may appear in the magazine up to 12 months after selection (we will notify you if plans change). Upon acceptance, Arc will then ask for selected images at a resolution of at least 300 dpi.
Selected artwork for use on the cover may be cropped to fit the layout of the magazine and preference in choice of image and cropping will be given to the aesthetics of the magazine. In certain cases and in consultation with the artist a detail of the chosen artwork may be used rather than the integral piece.
You will be paid at the rate of $50 per page upon publication ($100 for art featured on the front cover) and will also receive two free copies of the issue in which your work appears. With this acceptanc, Arc secures First Canadian Rights. You may subsequently republish the above in any manner you choose without securing permission from Arc. We would, however, appreciate a published acknowledgment.
Thanks so much for the opportunity to incorporate your work into Arc.“