20 Rediscovered Poems by Chilean Poet Pablo Neruda Will Be Released As New Book
An exciting rediscovery of 20 poems by Chilean poet Pablo Neruda will result in the English publication of the work by non-profit publisher Copper Canyon Press.
The poems were found by archivists last June, in boxes kept at the Pablo Neruda foundation in Santiago, Chile. They were published by Neruda’s Spanish publisher, Seix Barral, but have not yet been released in English. The earliest poem in the collection dates to 1956, and several are love poems, a form Neruda was famous for. [NYTimes]
The collection will be titled “Then Come Back: The Lost Neruda” and is set to be translated by poet Forrest Gander and will include full color reproductions of the handwritten poems.”
Poems by Pablo Neruda:
- “‘Tis the morrow full of storm…” (Tr. by J. B. Donne)
- “White thighs, hillocks of whiteness…”
- A Dog Has Died
- Alberto Rojas Jiménez Comes Flying (Tr. by Ben Belitt)
- Discoverers (Tr. by Angel Flores)
Do you have a favourite poem by Pablo Neruda? Let us know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Desirée O (see all)
- Bohemian Book Club: Acting Shakespeare is Outrageous!: Playing the Bard for Beginners - July 17, 2017
- Art Crime This Week (07.14.17) - July 14, 2017
- This Disney Make-up Art Is Like a Fairytale Come True - July 12, 2017