10 Ways to Respond When Someone Says Art Isn’t Important
When those who don’t think art is important can’t keep their opinions to themselves, you can choose to walk the other way or simply ignore them OR you could choose one of the responses below.
1. Tell them that art has changed/shaped history.
2. Tell them that art is a reflection of our current history for future generations.
3. Tell them that art has been a part of humans’ existence even before we had any sort of formal culture.
4. Tell them that art brings together communities and nations.
5. Tell them that art is proven to help relieve stress and can be used as a therapy.
6. Tell them that art encourages independence, cooperation, and better learning in kids.
7. Tell them that art stimulates and supports a healthy economy.
8. Tell them that a billion dollar industry with its fair share of millionaires must have some sort of significance even if they can’t see it.
9. Tell them that just because they don’t understand something doesn’t mean that it’s unimportant.
Or, if they’re really rude and you’re in the mood…
10. Tell them to f*ck off 😉
*Sources: Johns Hopkins School of Education, Learning Lift Off.
Latest posts by Desirée O (see all)
- Sale: 40% off Altura Photo Professional Cleaning Kit for DSLR Cameras - July 20, 2017
- Bohemian Book Club: Acting Shakespeare is Outrageous!: Playing the Bard for Beginners - July 17, 2017
- Art Crime This Week (07.14.17) - July 14, 2017